Pages


8/18/16

arancini bros. - lower east side





You can tell by my face (below) that my love for Arancini Bros is real. My lovely friend Sam told me about this place like 2 months ago. She let me have a bite of hers one day and it was INSTANTLY on my list of foods-to-do. So I headed over to Essex Market (Lower East Side) during my lunch break this week to give it a go. Now what are these fried balls that come in an egg carton all about? 

The associate who was working at the time was so so nice and educated me on the history of Arancini. I learned that Arancini are an authentic Sicilian street food. The "shell" is made of Arborio rice and the inside can be filled with ANYTHING. The flavors on the day I went were Classic Ragu, Bianca Verde, Buffalo Ball, Pizza Ball, The Shrimp Ball, Our Famous Nutella, and Broccoli Rabe & Sausage. I had the first 5 of these flavors. I loved them all except the Shrimp. Something about it didn't sit well with me.

The question is not if I will go back...it's WHEN. The next time my boy is in town, I will be dragging him to this place so he can watch me eat mine, and then watch me eat his. Sounds about right. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Lauren Legato. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign