Pages


8/29/16

loosie's kitchen - brooklyn


Welcome to Loosie's Kitchen! I stumbled across this little Brooklyn gem in an article on Gothamist, and I came specifically for a secret menu item called 'Waffle Croque Madame' that they only serve on...secret days? 

This place is adorable. Quiet, quaint, and there's a backyard area that is filled with space and light. It's the perfect Sunday brunch spot to catch your girlfriend up on all that's happening with your boy (or boySSS...I don't judge). 

When I asked for the special dish, the waiter seemed confused. But I had the article to prove that this dish was being served on this particular weekend! He discussed it with the cook and they agreed to make it with one caveat..there was no ham left! Whatever...perfect excuse to substitute bacon right?

The Waffle Croque was super yummy. It would have been even yummier with ham. It also would have been nice with a glass of orange juice but they were all out, so I had grapefruit juice instead. And may I say, it was actually really good! 

I met the head chef, he was super nice and courteous. He even sent over a yummy dessert on the house! HOLY GOODNESS. I'm not a Nutella girl but thissss!!!! Fried dough balls topped with Nutella and powdered sugar dipped in whipped cream. The only thing more I want in life is for someone to pay my cellphone bill. 

All in all a nice experience. I'd go back for more chats about boys on a Sunday morning ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Lauren Legato. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign